.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}
Name:
Location: Jackson, Mississippi, United States

I need to update this thing at some point.

Monday, May 09, 2005

To Mom's

To the art of Motherhood and Mom's everywhere, especially My momma,

Being that it is the day after Mother's Day, I thought I would talk about the importance of mom's.

Well, of course, the give birth to most all of us but, come on, they do do more than that. They work and take care of the kids. Never tell a mom she doesn't have a job b/c being the mom is a full time one. Mom's cook your dinner and wash your clothes and take you to the park and drive you to school and push you around in a stroller and worry about you whenever you go off somewhere. Mom's help you with your homework and insist you do it and do it on time or even early (if my mom was at MSU with me, I would have all my work done early and never late b/c i would have to do it before i could get on the computer or watch tv or go play or politic. That was always my mom's rule. Of course, she would see when we were just tired and needed a break on those occasions and let us run off to play with benjamin, kevin, & cynthia (GA); kyle & gang (starkville); and Paul, Rebecca, & Chastity (TN). My momma is the reason I make good grades when I do and the reason I am usually pretty well behaved.

I'm not really sure what all to say. It basically comes down to this:

"My mom is my mom and nobody could ever be as good a mom to me as she was."

No matter what I say when she is complaining about my apartment not being clean or my table manners. Of course I think that is just a momma thing. My dad is messier than I am, although he wouldn't admit it.

Anyway, mom's are the best. Vote Donkey.

P.S. = Is it bad to wait til almost 7 to call (thats when i left to go to Corinth) and tell your mom happy birthday. Maybe, but that was 3.5 hours before my brother who finally called about 10:30 to keep me from calling for the 3rd time to get him too.

P.S. # 2 = Work and my traditional summer exercise officially began today, the first official day of summer break) when I was up at 5 am with work kicking off at 7 (light work day today). Off to do the afternoon/night exercising that will go til around 9 tonight, with dinner in the middle.

3 Comments:

Blogger mrholmes said...

nanh, i like to keep my fingers on this side of the blog. you sort of scare me.

Tue May 24, 03:30:00 PM PDT  
Blogger mrholmes said...

Duh, but we like to call it hitting the 20th and 21st centuries instead. The word renaisance reminds us in the South too much of France.

Sun May 29, 05:37:00 PM PDT  
Blogger mrholmes said...

and yeah, crazy about covers it.

Sun May 29, 05:37:00 PM PDT  

Post a Comment

<< Home