.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}
Name:
Location: Jackson, Mississippi, United States

I need to update this thing at some point.

Sunday, April 10, 2005

Lessons Learned Over Super Bulldog Week

heya folks,

I grew to realize something more this week:

"Learning outside of school stuff is much better than school stuff. And never underestimate the powers of real life, most notably the ever changing human factor."

Now the order of these things sort of rises in importance as i go, but some stuff may be out of order. And yes, this might be close to like 4 posts in one, but they all relate to the big topic

Now the order of these things sort of rises in importance as i go, but some stuff may be out of order.

1) I learned that i hate the Masters golf tournament. Probably b/c the person i cheer for on sunday never seems to win. Its really annoying to spend 4 days watching and following a tournament (this year i didn't get to watch much at all but i did see the back nine of the final round) and then to see the person you are pulling hard for lose to somebody you'd rather not see win. Like, again, Tiger wins and beats Dimarco in a playoff. Poor Dimarco. And last year, my favorite player Ernie Els lost on the back 9 to Phil Mickelson (who I also like but Ernie more). And then favorites like the Shark (greg Norman) never win but singh and olazabal do a couple of times. And Tiger now 4 times. But hey, relief in sight with my favorite golf tournament The U.S. Open being the next major coming in june on fathers day weekend.

2) I'll do almost anything to keep from doing homework. Of course, I know ya’ll all have that feeling. Its annoying and can feel meaningless and usless. Plus there is always something better to do. You know, like running into a brick wall or doing back flops on the sidewalk.

3) Bogard + Bacardi 151 + Cig Lighter + a glass of dr. pepper = your fingers on fire. Thanks Bogard. Lit Rum looks awesome, even if your holding some by your fingers.

4) Saturday night, I smoked for the first time. Yeah, yeah, yeah, make fun but I always thought it smelled horrible and was unhealthy. Hey, I’m right. Now, after smoking, I still think it smells horrible (flavored ones smell ok) and is unhealthy but now you can add the fact that it takes too much work. Who wants to sit there smoking holding what amounts to a stick while it burns all the way. It sucks.

5) Super Bulldog Weekend was awesome. State won 2 of 3 in baseball over auburn (should have been all 3 but bad top of first) and the spring game was televised by the deuce and the U of ESPN. Free BBQ and damn good BBQ was even better. And the inaugural Furry K did awesome with over 125 people plus bunches of dogs. However, if running in the race, don’t drink alcohol earlier that night. And this Super Bulldog Weekend came with 3 hours sleep Friday night and 3 hours Sunday morning (I should get more sleep).

7) I also learned that things change but seem to stay the same and that some things I’d like to change and not stay the same. To have a boost or flood of ideas or energy. Hence it led me to feel the need to blog or go to the soccer fields, maybe even both (or better as in true case). Never can tell. All I know is vote life, country, freedom, and equality above all else; maybe things should change. More on this one later.

8) Republicans and Democrats can hang out together and it be peaceful and safe. Eat a little BBQ, watch a little football, and cap it off with MSU baseball. Awesome.

My apologies to those who waited on me to type this out (they know who they is). I was thinking about # 7 since they were curious, but that stuff disappears and life be peaceful so I wasn’t spurred as much.

Well, I’d go on, but I tired so I finish later. To all a good night. May we have more donkeys when we wake up.

2 Comments:

Blogger mrholmes said...

screw you. it was late and i was tired and without much sleep. damn, you got the point anyway. don't you know super bulldog weekend is worth 2 spots. duh.

haha, that sounds mean. i like it. take care nick.

Mon Apr 11, 03:06:00 PM PDT  
Blogger mrholmes said...

try countin to two.

Mon Apr 11, 03:29:00 PM PDT  

Post a Comment

<< Home