.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}
Name:
Location: Jackson, Mississippi, United States

I need to update this thing at some point.

Tuesday, April 05, 2005

what about the donkeys and monkeys and dogs and deer and lions and etc.

heya ya'll,

i have been wondering as you may notice by the title "what about the donkeys and monkeys and dogs and deer and lions and etc." you see, some things i just find stupid, especially in relation to the animal kingdom.

first, some people say that animals just aren't as smart as humans. robert especially likes to make that saying in relation to dogs. of course, i always respond that dogs and tigers and monkeys and bears are smarter than he is. which of course, with us, sparks a debate that never ends and becomes pretty funny. of course, i'm right and thats the important part. dogs are smarter than people and so are turtles and ducks and kangaroos and koalas too. since i'm obviously right, there is no reason to go any further. for you humans out there who aren't sure why you are dumber than dogs and cats and snails and other members of the animal kingdom, well thats why they are smarter than you. they understand. they know why.

now, my second point which i even have a little written story to help illustrate. in fact, we'll start with the poem. as you are reading this, imagine the part in red to be a mother, about 31 with say an 8 year old child. imagine the part in blue to be an 11 year old child, young and vibrant, without a care in the world, just happy to be playing and living life. and now for the story.

I wonder where my son is,
Where is my son?
He has been gone for the day
With no word about being late.
I hope he has not had any trouble
Getting dinner at the Hall.
My, where is he.
Oh, brother Ed, have you seen my son?
He has been gone for the day. No word.
Oh me, Oh me. Oh there you are!
Where have you been?
Oh, what happened my little one?
Are you alright?
Huh, tell mommy what’s wrong baby.
“Momma, I was just having dinner.
And this thing came and attacked me from behind.
He grabbed and pulled at me,
And I asked him to let me go mommy
but he just kept pulling and tearing and ripping at me.
He ripped me apart and I was only able to flee
When he tore my arm off.
It hurts, mommy, it hurts.”
Oh son, don’t die, DON’T DIE baby!
Aaahhh! My baby is gone.
Oh me, oh me. I’ll get them back.

Just for fame, just to boost their ego. Just for fun.
Now my son is gone.
I’ll press charges but that won’t do.
No one will ever see my heart and mind.

Only what they see and they don't see us.
My baby is gone, lost to other's fun.

The only thing is with my story the child was attacked from behind. In real life, he's taken out form long away. The mother, the family, however, is still left without. Poor doggy, poor tiger, poor deer, poor eagle, poor elephant, poor bear. A friend or a child or a parent stolen in the need for fun and glory. Sad part is, they don't even see it. And if they do, they don't feel it or hear it.

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Are you ever going to talk about a parrot? Our family owns a parrot and I think our parrots are our best friend. Are our parrots ever thought of though? Are our Christaian Brothers our friends in all of our thoughts at the table when they aren't there and are away? I think they are.

Tue Apr 05, 10:19:00 PM PDT  
Blogger mrholmes said...

charlie: good post on camp. glad you a agree with some of us about camp.

steve: who are you out of curiosity.

steve again: yes parrots too. most people got the point that i mean all animals, i just don't have time to list them all

steve again: what does "our christian brothers" have to do with what i posted? i don't see the relationship.

Wed Apr 06, 09:40:00 AM PDT  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ye have answered ye own question Mistarrrr Holmes by asking who I be. Arre be Steve D'Pyrate. Our christian brothers have everything to do with evarrrything as we will meet with them at the bottom of the briney deep.

Wed Apr 06, 12:28:00 PM PDT  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

Wed Apr 06, 01:47:00 PM PDT  
Blogger mrholmes said...

People still want to know who you are steve d'pyrate. Reveal yourself matey. Walk the plank of revelation. No one seems to know who you are. Bogard thinks he might but thats Bogard (he doesn't count and probabl;y don't know).

Either be "hooked" from credibility or remove ye patch.

Mon Apr 11, 03:28:00 PM PDT  

Post a Comment

<< Home