.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}
Name:
Location: Jackson, Mississippi, United States

I need to update this thing at some point.

Friday, April 08, 2005

I’m a damn donkey. Figure it out.

Heya folks,

As i said, I'm a damn donkey. Figure it out. I act and live Donkey, i don't just run my mouth at it. I can guarantee that. Hear it, read it, see it. I'm a proud donkey. I'm a happy donkey. I'm a patriotic donkey. I'm an American first, Mississippi second, political party third, nap later, do it now donkey, but no matter how you put it, I'm a donkey. That’s D-O-N-K-E-Y Donkey.

Now, i had a much better and much more inflammatory post written last night but upon submitting, it managed to vanish into thin air. Maybe that’s a good thing, maybe not. On the good side, I got to vent what i was thinking without ticking off people. On the bad side, I didn't really care if i ticked people off. If they were ticked off and upset about it, it would have been b/c they fit in what i said. And if that, they should be ticked off.

And yes, I supported TJ for SA president and would do it again and again. He is my friend and I am loyal to beliefs over friends and to friends over political party. I don't care if he is a Republican, he would have been one of the best SA Presidents in university history.

And yes, the staunch Republican and social conservative Ed is my good friend. We may not agree on many issues politically, mainly b/c my liberal donkey views are right and his elephant views are wrong. Either way, he is still my friend and I would support him, R beside his name or not. And FYI, many of my democratic friends could learn a thing or two from Ed. He puts a hell of a lot of work and time behind his political views and beliefs than ya'll do. He's not a mouth runner (take it as you will), he is a get things done person. He doesn't just come up with ideas, he follows through on them, implements them, and backs them up. Try it, it could help.

And yes, if Frank Davis (by far the better candidate for mayor) loses in the Democratic primary to Camp, then you damn right I will vote for Roberson over Camp b/c Roberson to me is closer to democratic ideas than Camp will ever be on the local level. On national politics, Camp i'm sure is more liberal, but on the local level, where they will be working, Roberson is closer to being a democrat than Camp, despite the meaningless letter by their names. (ideas and doing define political letters, not flimsy picking of them). Camp is selfish and looks only at the Cotton District and nothing else (ward 4 only of 7 wards) and could care less about the rest of Starkville. Individualism over community. That’s Republican actions. Meanwhile, Roberson represents and thinks of all of Starkville from public schools to the by-pass to rock hill, to district 6 & 7 to park renovation to downtown to city development to business development to MSU-Starkville relations, etc. Roberson represents community first, individualism second. That’s democratic ideas. That’s city wide ideas. But then again, many of ya'll wouldn't know that b/c you see a letter and you are done. You don't look at the person to see who really fits what letter. Try it sometime. Again, I’m voting for Davis; if unable to in the general, I’m voting for Roberson.

Now, i firmly a donkey and proudly a donkey. Again, my post was more inflammatory and the parts in blue well defined, but it vanished. Oh well. I still stand by it and maybe it will make it back to my blog. Nite Nite and Sweet Dreams. Enjoy your day and take care and be good.

P.S. = This is my third attempt at posting on this.

7 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I know you've probably thought of this anyway. But maybe try typing out your post in something like Word first and copy and paste it to the blog. That way you won't lose anything if the post doesnt submit correctly. Plus you get a spell check too.

Fri Apr 08, 09:59:00 PM PDT  
Blogger Joe said...

Good post. And I am sure Rob Roberson would thank for the endorsement.

Sat Apr 09, 04:19:00 AM PDT  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

you are a crappy democrat.

Sat Apr 09, 09:41:00 AM PDT  
Blogger mrholmes said...

to james:

yeah, thanks james. i figured that out after i lost it. i also figured out there is a recovery method but too late. nice knowin the real james by the way.

Mon Apr 11, 03:08:00 PM PDT  
Blogger mrholmes said...

to joe:

notice, i support frank davis over rob roberson. roberson is just my second choice. camp is the choice right after the mob.

Mon Apr 11, 03:10:00 PM PDT  
Blogger mrholmes said...

To anonymous:

first, crappy democrats and people in general are those who suck so bad they can't even sign their damn name to what they say.

second, unless you daniel melder and your load sure as hell ain't, your opinion ain't worth a damn thing calling me a crappy democrat.

Mon Apr 11, 03:14:00 PM PDT  
Blogger mrholmes said...

thanks charlie for the defense,

but the only crappy democrats are the ones who don't sign their name to what they say.

anonymous must be a freakin republican b/c they don't take responsibility for anything they do.

(a few exceptions like phillips, tj, ed, josh, and j-val)

Mon Apr 11, 03:22:00 PM PDT  

Post a Comment

<< Home