.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}
Name:
Location: Jackson, Mississippi, United States

I need to update this thing at some point.

Monday, April 25, 2005

I'm bloggin behind

Heya,

Apparently, I am behind on my dawgpound bloggin or so I have been told. So since i was told i should post by said person and i pretty much always listen to said person, I am now posting. My reasoning left to speculation of course.

Now, the question is, what should I post on? Maybe the Mayoral debate tonight would be a good thing. Frank Davis and Rob Roberson remain my top two favorites in their respected primaries, with Frank Davis and the Donkey Banner obviously being my number 1 overall choice. Of course, I did find myself surprised to agree with at least 2 points that Dan Camp made tonight, which I think is pretty odd considering i thought he was the second coming of the mob boss on several of occasions. Mainly it was the way he approached the managerial style with realistic short-term goal setting and such, which being a management major myself, i can most certainly agree with. The ducking of the new Confederate Monument question at the courthouse by all mayoral candidates but Issac was pretty cowardly and disrespectful however. Other than miss Issac, Roberson gave the second best response, although a distant second, by wondering where the Vietnam, Korean, WW1, & WW2 memorials were also. Of course, if you hadn't had your feel of the Justice Complex, well they rattled off more about that but not much new there. That is, until I spoke to Bob Ford, an architect afterwards who ran against state rep. gary chism in the last election and is pretty active (taste for mayor in zitta and camp i question though) who added a good deal to add on said justice complex and downtown revitalization. Also mentioned several times was the need for improvement of roads, sewage, & drainage to improve infrastructure which almost made me shed a tear. You see, Corinth city elections (where i went to high school and have ties for the last 8 years to) are always led by the debate on roads, some of the worst in the state up until about 5 years ago (however, corinth driving remains the wreck capital of the state with more accidents per capita than any other town in MS; 14 in one day actually in a town of about 13,000). The roads and infrastructure came in mainly with the bringing up of property tax raising and tax revenue, something that was not on topic at the previous debate. And of course, we were told about shopping with the usual suspects of Old Navy and Target plus restaurants coming to a town near you.

Now, if you are Pete Melby (spelling = ?), I would start charging royalties for the mentioning of the Melby name b/c believe me, the Melby name is drilled into the election process this year. Maybe they get an extra vote for every time they mention the Melby Plan. For those of you who don't know, Melby and his class at MSU are the designers of a well liked downtown revitalization plan with new city hall, more greenery, and even a man-made pond and stream which i love. I'd love to see a downtown park with benches and walking trails and maybe a carousel and swings and fountains and such. Plus the revitalization of highway 182 will be big and leave room for a larger downtown and maybe a new nightlife strip just off of the cotton district and downtown. Leave the Hwy 25 bypass (west side) to hotels, shopping centers, and retail. But such I shall leave for later.

Darfur is on my mind and I would like to give props to Stetson University, who led by their local College Dems Chapter (good job miss sandy) sponsored an awareness concert and picnic last thursday night. This was in an effort to bring to people the horrors and tragedy of the genocide in Sudan that has been all but ignored by the world population. This included us in the United States, who led by President Bush, but democrats included, have ignored the political and civil murder of Sudan while claiming the importance of the war in Iraq and the freedom of the people. Maybe, it is just limited to certain people who can bring us more in the way of goods and resources as Iraq can over Sudan or Yugoslavia/Kosovo over the Hutus & the Tutsis years before. But not to detract, I give my proud donkey award to Sandy, President of the Stetson College Democrats, for her hard work to promote awareness on such troubling issues as genocide and her continued love and faith in her party. And she's pretty damn liberal too.

I dunno, I'm sure I could post more but maybe this will suffice temporarily for said person. True, Its not my most vocal or controversial argument, or even an attempt at poetry, or such but it is here for the reading.

As always, Vote Donkey and work like a mule. tis all a good mornin, we are past midnight.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home