.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}
Name:
Location: Jackson, Mississippi, United States

I need to update this thing at some point.

Saturday, April 16, 2005

A Clown's Life

Hey ya'll,

I've been told I look like a clown sometimes so I thought I would write about a clown's life. Now, some people may be reading this with me with them. To them, I say "Smile. Its fun to be a clown."

Now, Some people seem to think my buttons that i wear make me look like a clown. To them I say, "Read and listen to what my buttons have to say. I don't care about fashion. If I look like a dork, so be it. It is a close spell to donkey you know. " Lets take a look at some of these buttons:

1) Proud to be a (picture of a donkey) democrat. If it is a democrat who thinks wearing this button makes someone look like a clown, then maybe they should rethink there affiliation with the democratic party. It helps to show it, not just talk it.

2) College Democrats button. Refer to number 1.

3) Support the Troops button. Learn to be an American and get one. That or a yellow ribbon and wear it all the time.

4) "We Believe." Because I damn well believe in the buttons and pins i'm wearing. Simple as that.

5) "I love the Lady." If you got a problem with the Statue of Liberty, we gonna have to talk. It can't help its parents are French.

6)Candidates buttons. I support those candidates. If i have opposing candidates buttons, it because i don't particularly support one fully and therefore, just want to encourage people to vote.

7)Ask about other buttons or pins.

To my stuffed animals. I like my stuffed donkeys and they are staying. They have as much booth time as me or they are working on it anyway.

To my cat-in-the-hat hat. I love my hat. Maroon & white like the bulldogs or red, white, & blue like the great US of A. Its fun, the kids love it, and it speaks of me. Can't always be strict and worry what people think of ya. Gotta be me and my hat is me.

As for whatever else makes me look like a clown, think about what it is, not what it looks like. There is more to things that meet the eye. As always and forever, vote donkey. And don't be afraid to have a little moment of clowny fashion. It hadn't killed me yet. Nite nite.

any questions or comments, post a comment or e-mail me at mrh63@msstate.edu or give me a call at 662-312-6036. thanks.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Matt,
The fact that you wear whatever you want is one of the reasons i respect you. Noy everyone can do what they think is right because they are so worried about what people will think. Hell most people don't even know what they think because they are too busy trying to figure out what someone else thinks so they an pretend to be as cool as that person. You just be you and if people treat you in a less than classy way then that is just them being them even if they are just showing themselves to be classless.

Sat Apr 16, 04:02:00 PM PDT  
Blogger mrholmes said...

good response phillips. i like that one. pretty straight forward too.

Sat Apr 16, 04:10:00 PM PDT  

Post a Comment

<< Home