.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}
Name:
Location: Jackson, Mississippi, United States

I need to update this thing at some point.

Sunday, April 17, 2005

Whats Motivation?

While sitting here at my computer, I am thinking and knowing I should be doing my Entrepreneurship paper that is due tomorrow at 2 PM. Yet I haven't really done the financial statements and analysis for it yet. Plus some other parts needed to add or be amended to our business plan that will be 60 plus pages upon completion sometime in the early (pre 7) Monday morning hours.

Now, this among other things leads me to wonder a) whats motivation and b) where is mine at as of late. School since the beginning of february and politically since spring break.

You see, normally I have this zest for doing business plans and case analysis that spurs me on. This invigorating will to master the art of the business plan. The thrill of establishment, the skill of the challenge, the newness of it all. This time though, I'm coming up with a dud. That thrill, that gusto, that drive, that feelin', is gone or at least temporarily inexistant. Hopefully the latter.

My political involvement has even slacked somewhat. I've done stuff, but not enough. The CD's haven't had a booth since Spring Break (we damn well are having two this tuesday and wednesday) and the stuffed donkey's riding around in my car are ticked off about it. They want sun and fresh air, the feel of Democratic Pride. I haven't done much canvassing for Richard 4 Alderman when I should be paintin Ward 4 Dawgpound Green & Black. I haven't canvassed much for Frank Davis either, although I want to hit the neighborhoods and do so.

I also missed paintin the shelter Friday and Saturday when dogs and cats need it to be ready soon. Jason and Jennifer were out there, workin hard & dedicated (allison too i think), but i wasn't and should have been if i was properly motivated. Not gettin motivated for the dogs and cats is bad and sad.

Now, the good news is there is only 2 more weeks of school plus that week of exams. and then summer is here and we can rejuvenate. Even those taking summer school will have i think a week off. I think my summer school starts in july actually, assuming i get my grad application in.

Now, that wasn't fully what my post was intended to be about so there will be a somewhat related sequel comin later. Stay tuned and comment as ya like.

As always, vote donkey and work like a mule.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home