.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}
Name:
Location: Jackson, Mississippi, United States

I need to update this thing at some point.

Sunday, December 11, 2005

One Track Mind

For those not knowing me all that well, I'm like the worst person to have free time on their hands with no schedule of what to do. Sadly, I think I inherited it from my grandmother who will worry the hell out of a pig for no good reason. And since we had exams last week (both of mine being at the end of the week), I had way too much free time on my hands. And I have it today. Although I really should be packing to go to Corinth (Vote Yes for Liquor Tuesday December 13th) since I'm stopping in Tupelo to shop on the way. But with all the free time on my hands, I studied pretty much zilch which puts me at the mercy of my finance teacher who gave us a final for all the marbles with no other grades for the class. FYI, if you have a final thats your only grade in a graduate class, you might want to study for more than 45 minutes. Not that I ever take my own advice.

But anyway, I've been one tracking it for about 5 or 6 days now. Except for Friday night when me and my new mentor went to about 6 different parties and I drank the most I have had since back in June. The tavern was the best. Rich and Ray's was the best home bar ever and party # 1 had the best food and good people. I say, tequila and gin and beer and cognac and bacardi 151 and bailey's and grand marniet make the worries go away. That and believe it or not, I actually felt at peace for 3 hours during my finance final. I was actually happy to be there as we all talked about future failings.

But the mind returned to reality Saturday morning (and no, not just the hangover) and is back on its one way track to nowhere at this rate. Again, if u ever see me with too much free time, bury me in work. Please, its for my own good. And I work much better that way and think a hell of a lot less. And that can only serve to be a good thing. Up and out to find work to do. -matt-

1 Comments:

Blogger R.J. Morgan said...

I think I'm the same way Matt... give me a pile of work and I'll get it all done, give me one assignment and I'll ride the procrastination train to the very end.

Hope the final turned out ok, Have a Merry Christmas.

Mon Dec 12, 07:39:00 AM PST  

Post a Comment

<< Home