.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}
Name:
Location: Jackson, Mississippi, United States

I need to update this thing at some point.

Thursday, October 20, 2005

Staring at Failure and Liking It

Today, I have a grad finance final which is gonna be tough b/c it's comprehensive and it deals with finance. For difficulty level, in a class of 16 to 18 mba grad student, the class average on the mid-term was a 53 and the class median was a 51. yeah, not good. one person did manage an A and there were 3 B's but considering anything lower than a B is bad, C is a risky letter, and a D or below is complete failure, the class stares at trouble.

Meanwhile, I have been thinkin I should study since last Thursday yet have only read the Chapter summary for 1, yes 1, of the 12 chapters on the test. Needless to say, I'm hoping for a 40 but 30 wouldn't be all bad. I mean there was a 8 & a 15 on the last test.

Yet the more I think I should study, the less inclined I am to do so. And amazingly, I actually like this. You know, knowing I'm gonna completely fail my finance final. I'm calm in this thought. Yet doing so might delay my graduation from may til the end of june or even july. Which would suck. I just hope finance is over soon. And considering the thoughts of a number of the others in the class, I am certainly not alone.

You see, I take solace in the fact that I won't be alone. A number of others will fail with me which can only be a good thing. Singin "Take us all down to the land down under so we can rise together. F's become B's in a land of failure. And the lightning strikes and the Thunder rolls. Another GPA falls on a sleepless night. But I won't be alone, not so lonely, so not lonely." Yes, I feel better now.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home