.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}
Name:
Location: Jackson, Mississippi, United States

I need to update this thing at some point.

Monday, September 12, 2005

RWS and Exorcism's

Hey all,

For those of you who missed Running With Scissors last friday night, you missed a great show for a great cause. RWS managed to raise over $1200 for the Hurricane Katrina Relief Effort while giving the crowd tons of laughs and plenty of great skits and improv. Congrats to the cast led by host Houston Longino including actors Mark Harris, Kristen James, Dustin LeFors, James Comans, Laura Rayburn, Brandon Morris, and the "Trojan Man" Matt Albert along with many great performers including the little white guy. Great show guys.

After RWS, we went to Applebee's for food and drinks then a quick stop at my house. Probably so we could all ride in the back of a truck. Soon, however, the laughs and jokes from RWS and such were turned into sights almost as scary as the Bush Administration. Even the devil begged to go back to hell claiming the conditions were better there than under a Bush-Republican Whitehouse.

Hence, I'm not ashamed to admit it. The movie about Emily Jones's exorcism scared the hell out of me. People and goblins and zombies and whatever attacking are fine, but a devil you can't see wreaking havoc on someone is pretty damn unusual and pretty much freaks me out. As a result, I have increased my campaigning to get a good seat in Hell (since I'm a Democrat and thus obviously going there) so that the Devil works with me, not inside me. I'm not that touchy feely. On the safe side, we did all stay up at my place til after 3:30 so that we could make sure that all clocks safely made it to 3:01. All checks a go. Nites.

3 Comments:

Blogger R.J. Morgan said...

Glad to see that you are Barking, Growling, and Thinking again.

RWS was awsome, Emily Rose freaked me out. When they killed the doc, I jumped a mile!

Good luck in the elections today.

Tue Sep 13, 08:21:00 AM PDT  
Blogger mrholmes said...

Thanks, its nice to be back bloggin when i can.

The doctor dying scared me too. I wasn't expecting it and it was even more surprising he got hit by a car. I was fearing one of them devil attacks that would kill the lady lawyer.

Thanks, there were only 3 running and the grad school has spots open for 3 so I won by acclamation. Now i can wear by donkey buttons and cap at SA senate meetings.

Tue Sep 13, 09:19:00 PM PDT  
Blogger R.J. Morgan said...

haha.... stir shit up man. The senate has been a rubber stamp for too long. Once m schedule permits it, I hope to get back on at some point.

Wed Sep 14, 11:20:00 AM PDT  

Post a Comment

<< Home