.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}
Name:
Location: Jackson, Mississippi, United States

I need to update this thing at some point.

Monday, September 12, 2005

COPE Course at Camp Seminole

Hey ya'll,

This is my first post in a while since I have been a little busy and a little lazy as of late. Oh well.

Last Friday, September 9th, my Leadership Skills class took part in taking on the COPE Course at Camp Seminole. Normally, I would be upset about class on Fridays considering I don't have class on Fridays now just as many of you would be. However, considering we were out in the woods at the course, I was sort of happy to be there and rather enjoyed getting to partake in the team challenges and hang with my classmates.

The activities included:
  • Falling backwards from a podium 6 feet off the ground and being caught by our teammates or hitting the ground. We were all caught
  • Trying to fit 10 people on a square platform 12 inches wide.
  • Moving all members through a tire 4 feet off the ground without touching the tire with members unable to return to the otherside after they go through. We only lost one arm.
  • Moving our team across the 7 swinging tires each three feet off the ground and 5 or 6 feet apart without touching the ground.
  • Climbing the 15 foot wall with no ropes or pegs (we all got boosts off of Brad's back).
  • Climbing a rock wall (never done before) .
  • Propelling 40 feet and 60 feet off a tower (never done before).
  • Bunches of games and other team tasks.

Lots of fun, cast included.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home