.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}
Name:
Location: Jackson, Mississippi, United States

I need to update this thing at some point.

Wednesday, August 24, 2005

A Knock at My Door

Last night, after i got home, me and mickey were eating dinner while watching "According to Jim" and "Rodney" on ABC, both of which I think are really funny by the way.

Anyway, while eating, I heard this knock at my door. Well, not really a knock, it was more of a meow. And it was coming from the courtyard door. Being the animal person that I am, I went and opened the door and saw a little cat that was black with white paws but unfortunately no collar so if it has an owner, I can't find them to take it home. Of course, I got it a bowl of milk and later invited it in to hang out which of course destroyed my chances of doing homework which i should be doing now since i'm a pretty good ways behind already. damn teachers. anyway, apparently the cat thinks it now lives at my place since it was still hear this morning at 3:45 in the morning until i had to make it stay outside so i could actually study. For those of you who don't know, I am very easily distracted so I need quiet and alone time to study and for it to also be cool temps where i study (invigoration i guess). anyway, apparently it might just need a home so if anybody wants a cute friendly cuddly cat, let me know. until then, i'll be trying to find its actual home if it has one. until then, it comes inside to play and during non study time, and sleeps in the dog house outside since i have no dog here at state (hershey and lacelei stay in corinth with me parents). which basically means i do a lot less running b/c lacelei ain't trying to eat me (not really, she just likes to chase and bark at my heels in a snarling playful way).

however, i have said and promised i would get a dog (not a cat) from the shelter sometime within the next month, time permitting. apparently, it is tough to get and take care of a donkey. anyway, off to study, then college dems booth 9:30 to 12:30 this wednesday (8/24) morning.

ps: help out the humane society with supplies, community service hours, or monetary donations. they are located in their new building on industrial road (the one at the 3 way with the national guard armory) on the right about a quarter to a half a mile past the BP station (corner of lynn lane and industrial road). less than 2 minute drive from highway 12.

2 Comments:

Blogger karyrogers said...

Hope your kitty finds a home.

BTW, re: milk and cats

Cleaning cat vomit and/or diarrhea is not a pleasant thing, no matter what some may say.

cherrio

and rice crispie

Wed Aug 24, 09:49:00 AM PDT  
Blogger mrholmes said...

the cat lived two doors down but had been missing for a couple of days. thanks to suzanne who got the owner's name and number from the shelter.

Sun Aug 28, 07:28:00 PM PDT  

Post a Comment

<< Home