.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}
Name:
Location: Jackson, Mississippi, United States

I need to update this thing at some point.

Tuesday, July 19, 2005

Golfin with Robert

Since i have no classes on Friday, me and robert have made friday our official day to go golfin. Why, b/c we both like to golf. Now, does that mean we are any good? Hell no. Robert's ok and well, some people just wonder how i actually manage to hit the ball. My defense for this is Robert plays alot more than me and tries to work on his swing while i'm noted to have one of the ugliest swings in golf and am proud of it.

Well, Friday, robert was already up after the first hole which neither one of us played well at all. After hole number 2 though, we were tied so i was happy although i should have been up. That right there made me think this day is gonna be different. So when i hit my tee shot on 3 pretty well, i was thinkin i might play well today. That ball actually went straight which for me doesn't happen much. Of course, i did about drop my driver after i swung but thats ok. The next hole i actually did manage to lose my driver off of the tee box as i finshed my swing. For those of you who don't know, your supposed to hold onto the club. Well, anyway, i manged to get up by 2 shots on robert after 4 since i was hittin the ball well, for me anyway.

Now, when i got within 80 to 120 yards from the hole, i couldn't hit a shot worth a flip. But i managed to chip pretty well since i kept missin the greens on my approach. Of course, my happiness with my chipping was trounced on by my worst putting in 4 years. I only made 1 putt longer than 5 feet all day which sucks. Needless to say, i lost my lead to robert on number 7 and lost by 2. we only played 9 b/c robert don't like all that walkin.

Afterwards we had a putting contest, which is normal for us, and since i still couldn't make putts, robert won that too. The sad part is he only won by 1 shot and that is because i managed to miss a putt from less than 8 inches away on hole 6 of the 18 hole contest, not that i'm still bitter about it or anything.

All in all, i would say we had a good time. I only intentionally threw my cruel putter once and my 9 iron once which is good. Now, me and robert are just lookin forward to havin mickey rejoin us later. Its always funny when the 3 of us play. May the game continue to be green, the courses challenging, the trees a swaying, and the golf gods a watchin.

2 Comments:

Blogger mrholmes said...

my putting, my slice or hook driving. i dunno, i don't shoot very well or play enough. i shot a 50 yesterday on 9 so that would be about a 28 handicap i guess but i'm not totally sure the math of figurin it out. if i play more, i shoot around 90 to 95. if i go 3 or 4 months without playin, i shoot 110 b/c i slice balls into the woods.

Tue Jul 19, 02:19:00 PM PDT  
Blogger mrholmes said...

cool, but i'll probably have my "telle" handed to me by a telle. sorry, thats a cheap pun. i blame it on dr. taylor who uses them all the time in class.

Tue Jul 19, 02:51:00 PM PDT  

Post a Comment

<< Home