.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}
Name:
Location: Jackson, Mississippi, United States

I need to update this thing at some point.

Thursday, April 16, 2009

Am I Thankful?

Per Static (Tuesday, April 14, 2009)

I heard recently there are two kinds of people: those who fill entitled and those who fill thankful. Immediately I started thinking about what I am thankful for. I came up with the following list:
  1. Hershey, Muffin, Beau, and Sly (the dogs in my life)
  2. My parents
  3. Having a twin brother (Mickey) (I always had a best friend, no matter what town I lived in)
  4. Moving around a lot because I gained a lot of great friends, had a lot of new experiences, and met a lot of great people
  5. All the friends I have made through the years (if only I kept in better touch with them)
  6. The five years I spent in Starkville going to MSU
  7. My great friend Papa Nick
  8. Living in this great country (USA)
  9. Coach Scott (my favorite teacher and my favorite soccer coach = 6th-8th grade)
  10. Coach Crowell (my other favorite soccer coach = 4th-5th grade) (baseball coach one year as well)
  11. Hare and Mrs. Hare of Tallahassee (my second set of grandparents since my mom’s parents died before I was born)
  12. My high school history teachers
  13. My college English teachers, especially KC (I hated Lit and English in High School)
  14. college professors Dr. Britton (political science), Dr. Goodman (political science), Kwame (political science), Dr. Long (business)
  15. Those who volunteer with the humane society
  16. US Military
  17. police, firemen, and other first responders
  18. Declaration of Independence and the Bill of Rights
  19. Freedom & Liberty
  20. The people I worked with at Refreshments
  21. Mr. Ted and Mr. David along with the MSU Bulldog Club at my current job
  22. Static = the only church I have ever really liked other than First Methodist in Tifton, GA
  23. The ability to think and learn
There are others but these are definitely 23 I can believe in

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home